Sunday, May 15, 2005

Rosie O

I've been enjoying Rosie O'Donnell's website and blog: http://www.rosie.com/ I like it because I like her, and I like her art. It is the kind of thing I would have on my wall. I like colour. (By the way - I like how us Canadians spell 'colour', as far as I'm concerned, more is more and I dig the extra u.) So would U.

What I hate about Rosie's site is the trolls. What a bunch of wankers. I'm all for discourse and disagreement, but just to be spiteful for the sake of being thus? Fuck off already!

I applaud her for putting her thoughts out there, even if she does it in a dis-jointed kinda free-form rambly style. Little hard to read, and the "codes" are hard to figure out,....AVAM, chv, "joyce", for example, on the first page currently. A lot of the time I don't know what she's talking about -- because I'm not there and not privy to current pop culture events. Even so, I dig her. I think if we met we'd be instant friends. I think she'd let me play around in her art studio. I think we'd collaborate. I think it'd rock.

I think she'd turn on her comments if it weren't for a bunch of shitheads with black cold hearts who revel in the thought of making other people sad. Fuck you, trolls. And bless you, Rosie.

1 comment:

Marc said...

"AVAM" is the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland.

Some of the art looked familiar - I got married there a couple years ago.