Tuesday, August 30, 2005

See You Later Summer!

Well, I haven't had too much to say these days. I'm looking forward to the end of the month as it will mean the end of special summer classes and the end of me having to get up in the morning and be puffy eyed and yawn filled all day. Finally, toward the end of last week I stopped feeling so fatigued from that bout with ebola-malaria I had awhile back. Not I've got a bit more pep, but am lacking the vim and vigor. Or the piss and vinegar. As we near the end of the month, though, it only reminds me I've procrastinated on my "phone teaching," so have to make 2,967 phone calls to my students in the next 2 days. Well, not THAT many, but still.

I went tonight and had this
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
at T.G.I.Fridays. That's one big mofo burger, but it was pretty deelish. Elizabeth, just after the food arrived, asked me if I minded if she prayed, and I said, "uh, no - be my guest." She made the sign of the cross and bowed her head for a few moments, and once she finished I asked, "did you pray that I get a lot of money?" She said no, but told me she prays I will meet a wonderful man. That's nice of her!

Last summer, while I was sweating and suffering in my 34 degree celcius apartment, my mother told me my grandmother had been praying I get an air conditioner. Lo and behold, this past May, I had two HVAC technicians appear to install a brand spanking new "air-con," so I am a believer in the power of prayer. Thanks Gramma!

I'm anticipating Prince Charming will knock on my door any day now.

No comments: