Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lame

I'm not eating spaghetti again tonight. I did get some sauce, but once I finally got home, just couldn't be bothered to put the ingredients together. Tomorrow night feels more like a spaghetti night. I actually went downtown to get me some sauce. I've been going downtown a couple times a week...I think because I'm so bored, and maybe I have an addiction to shopping.

Not really, I don't. It's just that I can't get what I want in my silly little neighbourhood. Downtown, I can get a delicious dense multigrain bread, or a nice sourdough loaf (expensive at 3,800won - about 4.40 Canadian) but yummy. The crap the bakery near my school produces doesn't even compare. Also I have a complaint I'll voice here. I'd voice it to the Korean bakers, but they wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about. On the occasion that I do give in and buy a "loaf" of their white bread, it's 10 slices - a half loaf, really, and costs 2,500 won - about 2.30 Canadian. We all know Wonder(Shit)Bread is 99 cents for a full loaf back home. Regardless. The thing is, after I've picked out my half loaf of crap white bread, which is stacked in two piles of 5 slices each, side by side in a bag, they load it up in a long vertical bag, so by the time I get it home, the bottom 5 slices are smushed to hell. Diagram:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm blogging about bread. I'm lame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you're blogging about bread... It's better than blogging about Kevin Bacon.

Mmmm, bread... bacon... I'm hungry.