Sunday, June 18, 2006

We Have a Winner!

I'm not a total SiteMeter slut, but I do check it. None of the information means much to me, but I must admit I'm a little happy when I find a surge of visits. Mostly it stems from linkage from the force-to-be-reckoned-with Kevin, who's going to be publishing a book in short order. Visit him, check it out and buy dat dere book!

I must say, though, checking my stats today was a bit of a surprise. I had a visitor checking out my blog for 6h 3min and 55sec. 75 page views. He or she wins a prize. I'm not shitting you,....you get a prize, or multitude of prizes. Use the comments section to declare yourself, and I'm hooking you up. It reminds me of when I spent a weekend with Shawn's blog or another blog. Both took me a couple days, but I read them entirely. And loved them.

Meanwhile, I'm on the verge of giving my blog addy to my closest friends and family. You think I should? I spent some time yesterday having a look around here, making sure I hadn't been bitchy about this or that. I love them - my friends and family, but you know how it goes,...sometimes not so smooth. And I can be fairly vocal. I'd like to think anything I've written on here is something I would have no problem saying to so-and-so (whoever.) Unfortunately, with distance and time being what it is, I may very well not have said what I said here to those I should have said what I could have said things to, instead of what's been said instead. (I'm screwing with you, just wanted to use the word "said" over and over.)

But, really. I've said over a year's worth of shit here, and much of it I haven't said to the people who know me.

Could be interesting.
(If they take the time that reader in Seoul did yesterday to actually READ what I wrote. As I said before, those who I HAVE given the address to, haven't really bothered at all, at least as far as I know. They don't comment or e-mail.) Maybe the same will go with the rest. I know even if they wrote about wart remedies and cookie recipes, though, I'd be checking them out all the time. Actually, I wish more of my friends and family had blogs. I'd be more up-to-date with what's going on in their lives, and frankly, they're all funny as hell!

1 comment:

Maven said...

Re: giving friends or family your URL... depends on how much personal shit you've posted... I know with my own family, I cannot share my innermost thoughts... it would be akin to MUTINY I tell ya!! Either that or I'd have to up my Lexapro doseage! I don't recommend sharing the link!