Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ah-Choo!

When Korean folks get sick, they'll often wear masks. When I first came here, I'd never seen anything like it. I thought, "Damn! Korea sure does have a lot of doctors walking around. Look! There's a grandma-doctor! Oh! Even those little kids are doctors!" Now that I'm all wise and shit, I know these masked people are just being polite and not breathing their germs all over me. Kamsa hamneeda, Sickie!

Today one of my students had a cold, so she donned a mask. Only I couldn't look at her, because I kept laughing and losing my train of thought.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
See what I mean?

2 comments:

Diana said...

I almost bought that mask the other day. It was awesome.

Kitikata-san said...

LOL! I love it! I think everyone in the USA should wear a mask like this one.