Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Wheezer and Hacker

I think I might be turning a corner. I mentioned just over a week ago that I hadn't been feeling so great. That was true. I thought I was starting to feel better a few days after that, but then Friday I woke up with a very sore throat. Over the weekend I spiralled down into my first full blown sickness of the sick-season. I finally gave in and went to the doctor on my way to work Monday and got the usual arsenal of pills with a side order of ass injection. And then I came home after work and coughed incessantly ALL NIGHT LONG and through the sunrise and right up until my alarm went off signalling it was time to get vertical and cough upright some more.

I went again to the visit the doctor and he increased my medication and it seems to be working. Knock on wood. We'll see how it goes when I get horizontal again.

Last night I was a madwoman. I drank all of this vile concoction, drank hot cups of honey-lemon water, downed a few disgusting pouches of liquid herbal medicine and mystery chalky powder stuff the pharmacist gave me last week. I even covered my chest in mosquito bite medication. It has mentholatum in it and I pretended it was Vicks Vapo Rub.

Today I've got dark circles under my bloodshot eyes and the inside of my mouth is full of sores, making it hard to speak. I've got a rattle in my chest, but I'm not coughing the junk up. Jane was sick over the weekend as well. We may have had the same thing. On Monday, she was near tears and barely able to lift her head off her desk all day.

Fingers crossed I can get some decent REM sleep tonight, or I'm going to stick a toilet brush down my throat and scrub my lungs clean in a couple hours.

3 comments:

Bohemian in Korea said...

Hugs ... hope you have turned the corner and feel better.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear you're still under the weather. Hope you feel better soon!! There's nothing worse than hacking through the night!

Jelly said...

Thank you, you two!