Thursday, December 11, 2008

Exchange Woes

I mentioned before how much the exchange rate sucks. Blech.

You know what's really making me sad regarding the piss poor value of the won against the US dollar? The price of books. Just a few months ago I was enjoying buying books from my beloved What the Book? at pretty much an even dollar to won rate. Their prices are in US dollars and converted to Korean currency. I don't know where they're getting their numbers from, but the $16.00 book I decided I needed yesterday is now a full 4,000won more than it was listed at this morning. (The US price always remains the same.) I guess I'm just going to have to keep checking their site every few hours and jump on a book when the price seems lower.

That SUCKS!!!!
If anyone wants to get me a Christmas present,....

No comments: