Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bionic

My brother finally sent me a picture of my mother's broken arm. She fell while skating the day after Christmas and ended up having to have surgery about a week later. She described what the result looked like, but I couldn't imagine it. I asked her if she was a Transformer and she replied, "Yep. I'm an antennae." Ha! Anyhow, it makes me queasy just looking at the picture. Ugh. This device is called an External Fixator, or "Ex-Fix."
Photobucket

My mom's robot arm: stronger better faster painful. Poor Bunny, I hope you get better soon!

3 comments:

JR said...

Damn! That does not look fun! I hope your mom gets better soon. What happened to the good ole days of a white plaster cast?

Kevin Kim said...

Inspired by Canada's example, Barack Obama has promised one of those for every American. My own gets installed on the 21st, the day after the inauguration.

Woo-hoo!


Kevin

Michael Lehet said...

Wow....get well soon Mom!