Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crap Now Available Night and Day

Recently Lotteria started staying open twenty four hours a day in my town. I was pretty surprised to see the sign and wondered how much business they were going to get "after hours." I passed by one night at about one in the morning and noted that they were indeed open, but really only "half-open." Enjoy a burger in the dark!

Photobucket

Last week I stopped in for something to eat, and had a discussion about why the 24 hour restaurant might be FAIL! Back home, revellers might leave a club or bar in the wee hours of the morning and head straight for a "street meat" vendor (hot dogs and sausages carts that set up outside in anticipation of hungry drunk-faces) or a McDees. Here, drunks tend to stumble home with full bellies as they've spent the proceeding hours downing shots of soju or beer whilst feeding on either a meal or plates of "anjou," which is mandatory food ordered with drinks. I don't know. Maybe Lotteria will see some business from truck drivers passing through here looking for a quick bite, but somehow I don't think so.

Lotteria sucks, anyways. I don't know why I ever stray from the "seo-burger" (shrimp burger) -the only thing on their menu I like, but last week I was tempted by the picture on the wall of the Hanwoo Steak Burger.

Photobucket

Bun, onion, burger, mushrooms, and a broccoli-cheese sauce. Looks pretty yummy!
In reality though,

Photobucket

not so much!

Inside there was a gristly meat patty topped with a glop of cold green vomit sauce.

Photobucket

Scrap that. So we went next door to the 24-hour 7-11 and picked up a sandwich. Thing.

Photobucket

Mmmm. Comprised of seaweed, rice, ham, cheese or egg?, limpttuce, condensation and presumably sand.

Photobucket

Dinner Fail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

McDonalds is open 24 hrs now, so I'm sure the this is in response to that move.